Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lovely Ladies.........

                                                Ahhh, Chickens...... I LOVE Chickens.
 They are beautiful, chatty, outgoing, and love to cluck with their girlfriends. How bad can that be? I have 3 darling ladies, and they produce some mighty fine eggs. {if I do say so myself...} I have blogged in the past about how this city mouse would love to be a country mouse, and having chickens is getting somewhat close. You would think that living in the city would pose issues with having them. However, they are easy to raise. The city limits how many you can have, but if you have a little bit of yard that you wouldn't mind sharing with 3 ladies, you can see how for very little effort, they are worth while. Fresh eggs everyday, chickens clucking to each other, kitchen scraps taken care of, and after a bit of aging, fertilizer. Again, how bad can that be? Have you every even had a fresh egg?? I mean fresh, from the nest box, and then into an omelet? Nothing better. Seriously folks, I kid you not.
There is a HUGE difference in store bought eggs, and fresh. The yolks are more golden yellow, they stand higher than the store bought ones, and they have the richest flavor. Amazing. The farmers market sells them, they are a pretty penny, but if your thinking about getting Chickens, I would say try them and see for yourself. You will taste the difference. Plus, you know what they ate. You fed them. Again, how bad can that be?
Thanks for reading and try your hand at some fresh eggs, you will be glad you did!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment