Friday, December 28, 2012

A New Year........

                                                 {photo: Barn House @ Camas Antiques}


A New Year is almost here, and what are you planning for yourself?? As for me, this year has been a very trying year. The ups and downs have left me breathless like riding a rollercoaster ride. It has been an exciting year don't get me wrong, but whew I need a break..... I knew what I signed up for, but this was the year it all hit me like a ton of bricks. I chaired an auction, ran a bookfair, moved to a new house {to do a complete renovation} my oldest started high school {without knowing a soul}and quit a job. For those who know me, know I believe in community. It makes us who we are. So I donate my time generously. However I ran into something I thought I never would. Resentment. That is a harsh word. But never the less, I did. My family has always been first. Period. Besides God, there is no other. However this year, even he felt like he took a back seat, which is bad. My kids and my husband had finally had it. I have heard it all before, and thought they are just so used to having me around, that they just don't know what to do without me. So when my youngest, didn't want to go to school, and my oldest quit talking to me, it finally sank in. They were done. {and truth be told so was I} I promised each of them no more. We will make family the only priority. So this year it is back to basics. God, family, and then everything will fall into place. {that is my prayer everyday anyhow...} So what is yours?
Thanks for reading.......
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment