Monday, September 5, 2011

back to school...........

So its that time of year, which is always a conflict for me. On one hand I am happy to have my quiet and to be able to have freedom knowing that my kiddos are in a "safe environment" and I know where they are. But on the other hand, I miss them being near me. I have been called a helicopter mom, a hoverer {if that is a word..} and have been told on occasion that "you need to cut the cord". But I have had the same thought since they were all born, God sent these miracles to me to take care of, feed, love and watch over, and if I screw up its my fault. Now I do let them have their freedom but in times like these, {kids getting snatched at Target and the like} what is a parent to do? I am rambling, but like I said, I am always conflicted this time of year. Happy and sad. Enjoy your back to school time moms out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment