Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Fabulous on a Budget

So now that I have a wee bit of time squeaked out for me to type to my hearts content, I will answer a question I get a lot from clients, and from friends who come to my house and need decorating ideas. So over the next couple of days, I will be posting ideas and if your not a stalker {which by the number of subscribers I doubt it..} I can tell you the name of my go to spots for the best stuff.

1. First if you haven't noticed, fall is one of the best times to redecorate, because there is inspiration everywhere. With that said, my go to, 2nd week of  September pick me up, is the Glade Apple Cinnamon candle. Dirt cheap, at $2.48 each, how can you go wrong?

2. Safeway {grocery store here on the west coast..} starts bringing out the small pumpkins in bags of 10 for $4.99 each, umm ya hello, can I tell you that is one of the easiest things and cheapest things to do......! seriously!

3. Farmers Market. So, I am a decorator, so I can get flowers at a wholesale price. Now even still, I am a cheap gal, and I try not to spend money on much. However, at the farmers market, you can get a bunch of Sunflowers for $5.00 that is 10 stems!! AND if you didn't know, Sunflowers last a very long time.

4. Lastly, the freebie!!!! {save the best for last ya know!} Branches. These are my "ace in the hole". They are everywhere. Mossy, Birch, Corkscrew, ones with fallish leaves, Maples....... My family has a rolling joke about my sickness for branches......{still trying to find help for that, ok not really!} However, they make the best statements, and if you find one with beautiful leaves attached, its a bonus!

So there you have it. A few go to tips, no go and make your house pretty!
xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment